Internet nowadays affects our daily lives. We rely on it to do our daily task. but for some children, they may rely on it too much. That’s why there are many ways on how to fix this issue like apps that could better monitor your children’s internet history. There are parental control apps. These apps could help us in ensuring our children’s safety and the environment that they are exploring. You could never tell especially if they are using the internet. But in today’s generation, there are many things that you could do to make sure that your child is not over stepping his/her territory.
We will be introducing you the different kinds of app and their short description. Please bear in mind that these apps will have features that another app doesn’t have. Different tools are available for these apps, there will be limited ones and there will be wide range ones where you could monitor better your child.
The Types of Parental Monitoring Software:
- Net Nanny- It is a good choice for preteen protection. However, it doesn’t offer location tracking and geofencing features. Though it has a sophisticated content filtering capability.
- Salfeld- It is an affordable parental control software. However, it is rather limited in functions and doesn’t provide its users with remote access.
- McAfee Safe Eyes-It is a great parental controls tool which works both in Mac and Windows. It filters content from internet and can be easily customized to serve your requirements. You can filter content by category and specify particular web sites to block. Safe Eyes also allows filtering videos online and limit social networks usage.
- Content Barrier- It is a parental control software for Mac OS X. Content Barrier has been engineered to filter and block internet content like adult sites and other inappropriate content. It blocks specific applications, chats and email and provides a detailed report of the activities by the kid. It works with multiple users as well.
- Witigo Parental Figure- It works on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Android devices. It is a real time internet filtering software that blocks up to 27 categories including obscene content, online games, violence, etc.
How to choose what is best for your family:
- Smart phones and tablets.Some mobile devices come with basic parental controls — but the options vary a lot depending on what you have. You can also download apps such as Google’s Family Link, Bark, Limitly, and TeenSafe to track and control online activity, including text messaging and social media. If you’re an Amazon user, Kindle Fire tablets come preloaded with Kindle FreeTime parental controls.
- Your device’s operating system.Microsoft’s Windows, Apple’s Mac OS, and Google Chrome come with robust built-in parental controls. To get the most benefits, you need to use the most updated version of the operating system, and each user has to log in under his or her profile.
- Web browsers.Browsers, for example Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari, are the software you use to go on the Internet. Each one offers different ways of filtering out websites you don’t want your kids to visit.
- Kids’ browsers.Sometimes called “walled gardens,” these are protected environments that fill up your entire screen (so kids can’t click out of them). They typically offer games, pre approved websites, email, and various activities.